Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Goodbye to a Friend
So today has been really hard on us, we lost a great friend, companion, and worker. Zeke's horse that he has been riding for Redd ranches died. He was such a great horse. Our story all started together when David and Alan said that they had a horse that nobody could ride because he was very bucky and just a bronc. Well Zeke took him and had been riding him for about a month and a half and he had just turned around. He would still buck every once in a while but made was he a working horse. His name was Crook, they called him that because when he was a colt he got kicked in the head and so now he holds his head to the side because of the injury. He was a nice pretty sorrel color and stout as can be, his only downfall was that he had small feet. Crook was turning into a heck of a ranch horse, man would he look at a cow. All that Crook needed was to be ridden and put to work. So today while Zeke was rinding with Alan on the mountain gathering cows, Crook's hernia ruptured, there was nothing that could be done. All Zeke could do was pull his saddle off and put Crook down so that he wasn't suffering. It is always sad to lose a horse, even if it isn't the best horse, but it is do much harder when it's one you like. On a ranch horses are your tools of the trade, they are out their every day with you, working just as hard so you can come home. So farewell to a great horse, our friend Crook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hillary! I haven't talked to you forever! Of course you can follow my blog! Sorry I haven't been updating it much! I'm working on that! ha ha! Man life looks like it has been soo good for you! Where are you living now? Your daughter is beautiful!!
Hey Hillary! I haven't seen you forever. Your little girl is adorable. I had to take one of the clients I work with to see your mom about a month ago and I had no idea you even had a baby until then. It sounds like things are going good for you and your family.
Post a Comment