Zeke and I was talking last night how people in our society are so fixed on having boys!!??
I was first introduced to this when we found out that Koriann was going to be a girl. I had several people ask me, "Is Zeke okay with that?" It honestly caught me so off guard, at first, I didn't understand what they meant. I guess they thought that since Zeke is a COWBOY that he would automatically want a boy to share his hobbies with. But what an insulting comment! Obviously they don't know Zeke very well if they think he would care or be dissapointed that we were having a girl. Come on people!
I think our society is obsessed with families having one of each--as if you are not a complete family without it. Oh brother! I'm not sure if people realize, but we (Zeke and I) have no control over the gender of our children. In fact, I can honestly say that I don't care what we have. I believe spirits are sent to our home that will best complete our family and our mission in this life. We will get the spirit that is meant to come to our family and who I am to question what Heavenly Father has in store for us? When people ask if we were hoping for a boy, I feel like replying, "What I'm hoping for is that it's healthy. I'm hoping I have a smooth pregnancy and delivery with no complications. That is the only thing I am hoping for." I have several friends/family members who have children of the same gender and I will see people (strangers to me) post of their FB wall things like: "Just keep trying! Eventually you'll get your girl/boy" I think, how rude! As my friend pointed out many years ago (before this was even an issue for me), she said, "When you get pregnant, you need to want a baby...not a boy or a girl."
And just another side note: I also several friends/family members who struggle with getting pregnant period. What a silly thing to worry about whether we will have a boy or a girl when so many people in this world struggle.
We love our girls so much and they love each other, isn't that all that really matters in the end!!

No comments:
Post a Comment